Monday, September 28, 2009

Lowbrow Chicken Masala

I was wandering through Trader Joe's yesterday looking at the variety of ethnic sauces and marinades. I wanted to try something new and picked up the Simmer Masala Sauce. You never know with bottled stuff...but it wasn't bad...I just added a little more chili pepper to spice it up a bit! If you have a Trader Joe's nearby, this is a seriously easy dinner to whip up in 20 minutes. Here's what you need:
Serves 2-3

1-1 1/2 lb of chicken breast or thigh. (I used thigh)
1 jar of Masala Simmer Sauce from Trader Joe's.
Any kind of rice (I used basmati)
Optional--Naan
foodie 001
I'm not kidding...that's it.
foodie 002
While the rice is boiling, add simmer sauce and 8 oz. of water to a pan. Cube chicken and add to sauce. Let simmer on medium heat for 10-15 minutes. Add chili pepper to taste if you like it a little spicy!
foodie 003
foodie 005

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin