Wednesday, October 7, 2009

5 Minute Nachos!

I love food blogs.  I love seeing the new recipes and pictures and reading all about people's experiences cooking.  What amazes me is how often food bloggers post new blogs!  I don't know about you, but I often eat the same two or three meals for breakfast and often rotate about 5 or 6 different meals for lunch.  I wish I didn't have to work...I would love for my days to revolve around a stove, a kitchen table and new recipes.  Maybe that's when you'll see daily posts from me--until then, if you're like me and often find yourself with only 5 minutes in the kitchen, then this is the recipe for you! Here is a super duper quick and easy meal to whip together for one or two people...you can easily modify this recipe for more people.  Sometimes life and food gets too fancy.  This is for my simple, lowbrow peeps!

What you'll need:
Tortilla chips
1/4 cup frozen or fresh corn
1/4 cup black beans
1 avocado
salsa
shredded cheese
lime
garlic salt

Directions:
For Guacamole--Halve a ripe avocado and remove the seed.  Squeeze a wedge of lime and add a dash of garlic salt.  Mash with fork until it's the consistency you prefer.































Pre-heat oven .  Set to 350 degrees.  Spread out the tortilla chips on a cookie sheet or convection oven sheet.   Evenly toss shredded cheese over the chips and bake for about 3-5 minutes.
While that is cooking, in an oiled pan add corn and black beans with dash of garlic salt--Mix until heated.















When cheese is melted remove tortilla chips and add black beans and corn.  You can use the guacamole and salsa as a dip, or just dump on top.  That's it!

1 comment:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin