Monday, October 26, 2009

Food For Athletes

I know, I know...It's been awhile.  I had all the excitement about my engagement and then I went on the road to volunteer with the Challenged Athletes Foundation's main fund raising event--the Qualcomm Million Dollar Challenge.  Please check out this organization and what they do for athletes who have lost their limbs.  It is truly an inspiration to see men and women bike 620 miles in 7 days...especially when they have no legs.  It started in San Francisco and had stops along the California coast to Pismo beach, Santa Barbara, San Louis Obispo, Marina Del Rey, Newport Beach and finally San Diego.  Although I didn't bike 620 miles, I got to eat the same yummy food the cyclists did!  Unfortunately I didn't get to burn the calories off!  When you're cycling all day...you definately need the right fuel for your body!













































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin