Sunday, August 9, 2009

Easy Breezy Fancy Smancy Scramble

I have an obsession with breakfast food. I can eat eggs morning, noon and night and any style—scrambled, poached, fried, hard-boiled, I like it! This weekend I hadn’t made it to the grocery store yet and it was lunch time and I was hungry. Here’s what I pulled out of the fridge:foodie 004

  • Carton of egg whites
  • Sun dried tomatoes
  • Artichoke hearts
  • Goat cheese
  • Bread

I was hoping I had some mushrooms and frozen spinach lying around, but nope. Those would have been excellent additions to make my scramble even fancy shmancier. The nice thing is this literally takes just minutes to make. I made this for myself…but if you’re making it for the family just eyeball the ingredients and add more of the stuff you like. You can’t really have too much good stuff in your eggs!

foodie 005

Add sundried tomatoes and artichoke hearts to medium heat. Add 2 eggs or about ¼ cup of any brand of egg whites. Toast whole wheat bread, and English muffin or bagel while mixture cooks. Mix until eggs are cooked thoroughly. Toss some goat cheese on top, add salt and pepper to taste, butter up your bread and voila! A super simple, expensive looking meal in just minutes!

foodie 014

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin