Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Lovin' Me Some Banh Mi!

Today I discovered a food that I had no idea existed. I know what you're thinking, "What kind of foodie does she think she is? She's never had Banh Mi!?" I know, I know, it's a little embarrassing to admit that I'd never even heard of it until I moved to Seattle. So for the other 2 people reading who don't know what banh mi is, it's an unbelievably flavorful Vietnamese sandwich served on a crusty baguette. For the nerds like me, you can read more here. This is no regular sandwich; this is a combination of unexpected and delightful flavors that is so mouthwateringly delicious I feel the urge to go get another one as I write this! And the best part...you won't believe this...you can usually find these very filling sandwiches at an authentic Vietnamese place for around $2 to $3! If you live in Seattle or you are passing through, there are many places to find these, but I got mine from Saigon Deli in the International District. This place has a lot of amazing reviews; you can read mine and others here.

4 comments:

  1. oh I havn't had this either must try keep seeing it on food blogs

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sandwiches are soooo good! I made them homemade a couple times: tinyurl.com/vietsan and I'm always amazed how incredibly flavorful they are! We don't have a Vietnamese market around here, but lucky you for finding them for $2!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had never heard of it before I read an article on serious eats last week or so. I thought I was the only person in the world who hadn't tried it too! And I have worked with a Vietnamese lady for 4 years....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Bahn Mi's, especially from Seattle Deli!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin